The Growth Weekly - Amazon's ever growing dominance, the end of app stores, automating the CEOs' tasks and hacking our brain

Hello growth enthusiasts. Welcome to another Growth Weekly. The best growth reads we found on the web
The Growth Weekly - Amazon's ever growing dominance, the end of app stores, automating the CEOs' tasks and hacking our brain
By The Growth Weekly • Issue #19
Hello growth enthusiasts. Welcome to another Growth Weekly. The best growth reads we found on the web this week. In this edition: Amazon’s ever growing e-commerce dominance, building a process for growth, the nearing end of app stores, automating the CEOs’ tasks and hacking our brain. Enjoy your read!

Growth
More than half of online sales growth in the US came from Amazon last year
More than half of US e-commerce growth in 2016 came from a single company: Amazon. The company accounted for 53% of online sales growth in the US last year, leaving all of its competitors to fight for the remaining 47% of the pie. That means for every new dollar American consumers spent online, Amazon took 53 cents of it.
How to Build a Process for Growth Experiments
While the idea of “growth” – and all of the hacks, tips, and tricks that go along with the term – can often feel a bit buzzy and overwhelming, real growth actually is actually the result of well-established processes and an internal emphasis on experimentation and testing. Taking you through the steps of a building a sustainable process for growth experiments.
We’re probably underestimating how quickly electric vehicles will disrupt the oil market
Just about every analyst agrees that the electric vehicle market is poised for rapid growth. But how rapid? It’s not an idle question. The rate of EV growth will have huge implications for oil markets, auto markets, and electric utilities. Faster than we might think.
Innovation
3 Ways to Innovate Consistently - Without Spending a Fortune on R&D
Uncovering the 3 habits that consistently put innovators forward and allow them to achieve breakthroughs again and again.
Why mobile app stores are on their way out
It is likely that in 2018 or 2019, we will no longer perceive a difference between a website and a mobile app, and we’ll wonder how Apple and Google ever managed to control the market for mobile apps so completely.
Uber hires NASA aircraft engineer to help develop flying cars at Uber
Uber is making moves to expand the scope of its flying car experiment – the company just hired NASA engineer Mark Moore, who basically kickstarted the current interest in vertical take-off and landing craft for short-haul urban flight with a 2010 paper on the feasibility of the helicopter-like vehicles. 
Cool stuff
25% of CEOs’ Time Is Spent on Tasks Machines Could Do
Based on an in-depth analysis of more than 2,000 workplace activities across 800 occupations, we estimate that about 25% of CEOs’ time is currently spent on activities that machines could do, such as analyzing reports and data to inform decisions.
How Constraints Force Your Brain To Be More Creative
For decades, the dominant view among psychologists was that constraints served as a barrier to creativity. But it isn’t the whole story. When we have less to work with, psychologists have found that we actually begin to see the world differently.
Hacking the Human Brain—New Tech Could Make It a Reality
Your thoughts are your own, right? Perhaps not. New technology is bringing that day closer when the unscrupulous may actually be able to hack human thoughts. It raises a number of new ethical concerns for this brave new world we’re entering.
8 Ways Music Affects Your Brain and Enhances Productivity
Have you incorporated music into your workspace or study space? Let’s understand how music supports the brain and the places where it serves as a distraction.
Thanks for reading. Keep growing!
Did you enjoy this issue?
The Growth Weekly
Your weekly dose of growth inspiration.

The best growth reads we found on the web this week. Disruptive innovations, growth-hacks, startups & scale-ups. Short and simple. Carefully curated by RevelX - http://revelx.co/
Carefully curated by The Growth Weekly with Revue. If you were forwarded this newsletter and you like it, you can subscribe here. If you don't want these updates anymore, please unsubscribe here.